There are as many stars in the universe as there are WordPress hosting options on the internet…
Okay — we’ll admit that’s a rather massive exaggeration! But, when you’re starting out, selecting a hosting service for your WordPress website can be downright daunting if you don’t know what to look for. There are a considerable amount of WordPress hosting options that fit the bill requirement-wise — but which is best suited to your business and its website needs?
With over a decade of experience in web development, we’ve seen (and used) the good, the bad, and the ugly over the years. So instead of having to sift through the clutter to find gold yourself, we’ve listed our three favourite WordPress hosting services to give you a head-start:
Since its establishment in 2003, Bluehost has grown exponentially. The WordPress hosting solutions company now powers over 2 million websites across the globe, and services and supports thousands of clients with a dedicated, knowledgeable team that’s on-hand 24/7, 365. With a specialist workforce comprised of engineers and developers, Bluehost is committed to powering WordPress websites, as well as full-time WordPress CORE development. They’re also passionate about contributing to Open Source, and are considered the world’s leading solution for open source implementation and development.
What They Offer:
- Hassle-free installation: As WordPress.org’s Number One recommended WordPress hosting solution, every account comes with a simple 1-click installation feature included in the software.
- Free domains: Because every website needs a solid domain, Bluehost accounts come with free domain registration.
- Free SSL certificate: Ensure encrypted data transmission and keep your website and client information safe with Bluehost’s free SSL certificate.
- Auto updates: Outdated software is vulnerable to attack — Bluehost’s auto-updates make sure your WordPress version is always stable and current.
- Full refunds: If you’re unhappy with anything, they also offer a 30-day full refund guarantee.
- Comprehensive library: Bluehost’s intuitive templates make building your website simple, whether you’re a business, entrepreneur, or blogger.
- SEO services: Make sure you’re visible in search engine rankings with relevant, targeted keywords and terms. For more information on SEO, we’ve written an in-depth article, which you can read here.
- PPC services: Bluehost offers PPC services that help you reach potential customers within search result parameters using industry best practices.
Bluehost WordPress Hosting Packages
With custom-built servers and 24/7 specialists on-hand to deliver high-performance solutions, getting started on WordPress is easier than ever… Whether you’re just starting out or need a website that can handle large amounts of traffic, Bluehost has you covered:
For a better idea of the components and costings that go into launching your digital hub, read our article WordPress Costs To Expect When Creating Your Beautiful Website.
Cloudways simplifies WordPress hosting by empowering clients with high-performance, agile solutions and processes. Driven by an innovative mentality, their hosting platform is founded on future-forward technologies and best-in-class providers for a smooth, hassle-free managed cloud hosting experience. Cloudways’ values are brought to life by the high level of quality and service they provide, time and time again:
- Innovative at heart
- Simplicity in everything
- Customer always comes first
- Data-driven ideology
- Win as a team
A Few Benefits You Can Look Forward To:
- Around-the-clock Live Chat: Their growing team of specialists is available to assist and guide you, 24/7/365.
- Server customization and configuration: Includes rapid deployment of PHP and custom packages, as well as assistance with caching configurations and making server changes.
- SSD-based hosting: SSD drives are three times faster than HDDs, which means you’re assured of lighting-quick performance and fast page loading times for dynamic websites.
- Auto-healing managed cloud servers: Enjoy peace of mind, as most of the server issues that cause website crashes are resolved with auto-healing restarts.
- CloudwaysCDN: Boasting quick, easy integration, CloudwaysCDN is a powerful yet simple service that delivers high performance global response times.
- Dedicated environment: A dedicated environment, with dedicated resources, empowers the user and their website with optimum server and app performance.
- Dedicated firewalls: Each and every Cloudways hosted server is safeguarded by OS-level firewalls that filter out dangerous traffic to mitigate cyber attacks.
- 1-click free SSL installation: The integrated Let’s Encrypt SSL bolsters security with a trusted certificate that meets HTTPS requirements. Did we mention it’s free?
- Regular security patching: Consistent OS server patches secure your managed cloud server and shore up vulnerabilities.
For the full impressive list of services, click here.
Cloudways WordPress Hosting Packages
With flexible, transparent pricing and a helpful team specialists on-hand to deliver high-performance solutions, getting started on WordPress is easier than ever:
The above pricing is for Google Cloud packages. For other hosting plans, follow this link.
Kinsta was established in 2013 with a desire to change the status quo. Currently, they serve thousands of clients from 128 countries around the world with 21 data centres, 2,000 support conversations weekly, and an impressive 99.9% guaranteed uptime. Kinsta’s predominantly remote workforce — users, developers, and digital enthusiasts — are all passionate members of the WordPress community.
A Few Benefits You Can Look Forward To:
- High security network: Safeguard your site from malicious intruders and cyber attacks with continuous monitoring for uptime, DDoS attack detection, software-based restrictions, SSL support, and hardware firewalls.
- Fast architecture: Kinsta employs cutting edge technology like Nginx, PHP 7.4, LXD software containers, MariaDB, and compute-optimized VMs to ensure your website is quick to respond and fast to load. Speaking of speed, we’ve listed other effective ways of making your website faster. Read the in-depth article here.
- Next-gen infrastructure: From the latest framework versions to industry-leading technology and server hardware and software, Kinsta’s infrastructure is as next-gen as it comes.
- Powered by Google Cloud: Across 21 global data centres, Kinsta’s network is interconnected over a premium tier network, designed to minimize distance and hops, which results in the hyper-quick, secure transport of your data.
- Free site migrations: Their migration team will take care of everything for you, from assigning a temporary domain to quality checking everything before the site is taken live.
- Constant uptime checks: Status checks every 2 minutes equates to 720 checks for each website daily.
- MyKinsta site management: MyKinsta is a purpose-built platform that acts as the control center for your sites. From tracking bandwidth, visitor stats to creating SSL certificates, all the tools you need are in one convenient and intuitive location.
- Add-ons for any plan: From Elasticsearch and Redis to Cloudflare Railgun and Nginx reverse proxy, your special needs are catered to from the beginning.
Kinsta WordPress Hosting Packages
Whether you’re after a cost-effective package that gets the fundamentals right, or a high-performance one with isolated resources and more backend control, Kinsta has a WordPress hosting option for you. Here’s a taste of their entry-level options:
For their full catalogue of services, click here.
Need advice on which hosting service to choose? Ask us!
Every business requires a WordPress hosting solution that’s tailored to their particular needs. Since 2014, Kaira has devoted our time to developing best-in-class, high-performance WordPress themes and plugins that run on the above hosting platforms seamlessly.