WordPress has built a veritable empire on the foundations of user-friendliness, flexibility and depth of customisation. With that said, however, you do need to have at least some experience in coding, or be willing to seek out a specialist to get the most out of the platform. Despite this, many intrepid users would rather take on the task single-handedly.
This has given rise to the plethora of ‘Drag & Drop’ WordPress Page Builders. Some of these plugins are free, some are paid, but the best of them allow you to build professional websites quickly, with no previous coding or design experience needed.
Here are Kaira’s favourite WordPress Page Builders (in no particular order):
With over four million customers worldwide, Elementor is the world’s leading WordPress Page Builder. The software is an all-in-one solution for professionals and entrepreneurs that puts the web design control firmly in your hands, delivering websites that perform faster, and look better.
The notable features of this excellent WordPress Page Builder are:
- Pixel perfect design with 100% clean code.
- Marketing tool integration for increased traffic, lead generation and acquisition.
- Open source, developer-friendly platform that ensures the functionality is up to date and extendable.
What Elementor says: Create Any Website You Can Imagine. Elementor was built for you. Designers, developers, marketers, and entrepreneurs. Create stunning landing pages, design a blog, customize your online store – everything is within reach!
While Elementor’s free WordPress Page Builder version is often enough to build beautiful basic pages for your website, we highly recommend the Elementor Pro version, as it comes with basically everything you need to build a full website from contact forms to image galleries, MailChimp signup widgets and even it’s own popup builder which is a great feature to have on your website.
They offer three subscription plans, each geared to a user’s level of experience and the depth of functionality they require:
To view the full list of Elementor’s impressive features, click here.
Combining the simplicity of ‘Drag & Drop’ with a host of premium templates, blocks, elements, and extensions, Visual Composer empowers entrepreneurs and professionals alike with beautiful design layouts and intuitive functionality. All experience levels are welcome, customisation is encouraged, and professional, competitive layouts are guaranteed.
The Visual Composer WordPress Page Builder offers:
- High quality content elements that put the power of design in your hands, allowing you to create the look you want.
- Quick-to-deploy WordPress templates and blocks for a range of purposes, including landing pages, websites for business, portfolios, as well as product and services.
- Visual Composer’s API is developer-friendly and provides a suite of tools that extends the software’s functionality, ensuring that even the most complex projects are achievable.
What Visual Composer says: Create Your Beautiful Website. Visual Composer makes page building in WordPress fast and easy. User-friendly and straightforward drag and drop editor coupled with premium templates, blocks, elements, and extensions – all you need to create a website. No coding needed.
Visual Composer offers the following three subscription plans:
To view the full list of Visual Composer’s impressive features, click here.
Over and above being a slick WordPress theme, Divi Builder by Elegant Themes is a remarkable website builder that essentially replaces the standard post editor with an infinitely better visual editor. It offers both new and experienced users the features they need to build a visually impressive website with ease.
The Divi WordPress Page Builder offers:
- ‘Drag & Drop’ functionality that requires no coding experience.
- Divi’s remarkable visual controls allow users to design websites in real-time.
- Front end website creation that features inline text editing, custom CSS control, global elements and styles, as well as the ability to undo, redo and revise as you see fit.
- A host of design modules for virtually anything you can think of.
What Elegant Themes says about Divi: Build Visually. Divi is a completely new website building platform that replaces the standard WordPress post editor with a vastly superior visual editor. It can be enjoyed by design professionals and newcomers alike, giving you the power to create spectacular designs with surprising ease and efficiency.
Elegant Themes offers the following two subscription plans:
To view the full list of Divi’s impressive features, click here. And to watch a demonstration of the software, follow this link.
Page Builder by SiteOrigin
With intuitiveness at its core, Page Builder by SiteOrigin makes building responsive grid-based page content that adapts to mobile devices with pixel-perfect precision simple. It enhances WordPress’s existing editing features without being confusing or cluttering the interface. The software offers:
- A simple ‘Drag & Drop’ interface for all experience levels, without users needing to have prior coding knowledge.
- Page Builder will integrate with your website’s existing WordPress theme. This means that your content is never in danger of being lost when it’s time for a design refresh.
- You’ll still be able to use your favourite widgets, and Page Builder has a number of integrated plugins to give you more control and customisation features.
- The software also generates and optimizes every line of code on your website page.
What Page Builder says: Simple content creation interface. Instantly recognizable. Astonishingly different. It’s a whole new dimension to content creation that’ll help you create your home, contact, about us or any other page where a linear layout won’t convey your message. It’s a powerful enhancement to the WordPress content editing experience, yet it feels entirely familiar.
Page Builder is free and that’s not going to change anytime soon. You can install it on as many sites as you like, and you don’t have to concern yourself with licenses or renewals. You can download the software here and watch the demonstration here.
With over a decade of building websites for WordPress, we at Kaira have used many, many tools and services to optimize and simplify the web-building process. The above WordPress Page Builders represent the absolute cream of the crop, offering depth of customisation and ease of use that makes creating your WordPress website a breeze.
If you’d like to discuss your website options with a WordPress specialist who uses only the best-of-the-best, please get in touch with us. How about taking a tour of our newest WordPress theme, Overlay? You can try it out for free here.